Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Happy 3 Month Birthday!

Today we are celebrating Sam's three month birthday! He is doing all kinds of fun things these days...still loving his activity mat, but he's also sort of started to enjoy tummy time! I think he enjoys it now because he knows he can roll over and get out of it. He has started consistently rolling over every time we put him on his stomach. It takes a lot of grunting and noise making, but he rolls on over almost every time! He has also started rolling to his side a lot so maybe he will be rolling over the opposite direction any day now? He has started putting everything in his mouth and grabbing everything. Gone are the days of peacefully eating with him on my lap!

Sam discovering that there is a giraffe next to him in these pictures and then deciding that he should eat it.
 
This weekend we was supposed to be Sam's first road trip to Nashville for Miles' 7th birthday party, but his cousin Kate came down with strep throat (I think) so we didn't make the trip. We did go for a ride down I-40 to visit GG Alice and Aunt Harriet. Sam had a great time getting to know these ladies! We had a fun lunch and visit at GG's place and then hit the road again. Baby Sam decided he didn't need to nap on the way home and had fun throwing his blanket around in the back seat. He finally fell asleep about ten minutes outside of Memphis!

GG Alice with Sam for the first time!
 
Today is Sam's first practice day at school. We got there at about 7:45 this morning and Sam is the only baby until 9am. I got to talk to Mrs. Yvonne, one of his teachers, before I left to tell him about his "schedule" and a little about him. I really like Mrs. Yvonne and we are very blessed to have found such a loving teacher for his first time away from us.

All smiles playing on his mat!

 
Worn out after our short road trip! Daisy is happy that we're home. (Please ignore the sheet in the background-we are waiting for blinds and this is a temporary solution to the dogs' incessant barking at the squirrels in our backyard.)
Shocked to be hitting the road so early for his first day of school.

Random picture in clothes that he hasn't worn yet!

He can't let go of the toys...even when he falls asleep!

I can't believe this little guy has only been with us for three months! I can't remember what life was like before he arrived. It has been such a wonderful three months watching God's plan unfold for our family. It's hard to believe that last year at this time I probably would have told you that I didn't think we could have children. I'm really going to miss my little buddy and I'm praying that the tears (from me) will stop and I will have a smooth start back to work. (Sam did not seem bothered by going to daycare.) I know this is the best thing for our family, but it's still so hard to leave him especially when he's really growing into his personality. I will miss him lots!

No comments:

Post a Comment