Monday, August 20, 2012

12 weeks old!

We can't believe that Sam is 12 weeks old today! I think we fall in love with his cute little personality more and more everyday. He is all smiles almost all of the time! We suddenly went from sleeping 9-4/5am to 9-6:30, literally over night. He started this in the middle of last week. For some reason, I still wake up around 4/5, but maybe that means I will wake up and exercise at that time when I go back to work (haha). He still loves music and he even likes my singing. Too bad I only know a few songs by heart without my ipod accompanying me, but he doesn't seem to get tired of the "Golden Girls" theme song, "Can you feel the love tonight", "You are my sunshine," and bits and pieces of various Beatles songs. He even hums himself to sleep during naps and at night when he's going to sleep. All of his little noises are so cute! Speaking of noises, he has gotten a little rowdy. His has really turned up the volume on his coo's and gurgles. We have so much fun watching him!

Last week, we got the pool out a couple of more times and splashed around in it. We also had an unexpected visit with Adam! Adam was in town the weekend of Memorial Day, but had to leave as Sam was being born so this was their first chance to meet. Sam was fascinated by him! We didn't get a long visit, but we were excited to see him for a little while. He will be back at home at Christmas and who knows what Sam will be doing by then!

We took our first family trip to the zoo yesterday. I think this was more for Kyle and me than Sam, but it was fun. He was up for the first hour so we took him to the sea lion show and polar bears. He really liked the water events on the Olympics so I thought he would like looking at the water in these exhibits. It was a wonderful day to be outside and Sam was super tired by his bedtime.

Whitest family at the zoo with Casper the baby ghost...I put way too much sunscreen on his face and he looked like a baby mime.


Fist pump for his first trip to the zoo

Watching the sea lions...they were hilarious!


Polar bear watching

Catching some zzzz's while Mom got an icee

The fun trip came to an end after two hours (which is way longer than I thought we would be there!).

Hanging with Sam

What a natural!

The love affair with the mat continues! Who knew that we only needed this mat and two toys hanging from it?

No comments:

Post a Comment