Friday, June 1, 2012

Sam I am

On Memorial Day, we welcomed little Samuel McLean Kremser into the world. We went to the hospital around 12:30 that morning. I had been a little confused all day about whether I was in labor and had self-diagnosed myself with quite a few other illnesses before we finally decided it was labor. Thankfully, we had some really nice nurses at the hospital and they talked to the doctor into letting me stay so I got an epidural around 3:30 that morning. (I'm not sure how babies are born without epidurals now.) I spent most of the rest of labor asleep until we tried to start pushing around 10 and baby Sam's heart rate dropped to 60. I knew something was up when there were suddenly three doctors in the room. About ten or fifteen minutes after that, baby Sam arrived via emergency c-section.

Sam weighed in at 7 pounds 9 ounces, 20 inches long, and pretty much perfect! Besides having a little fun with us at the very end, it was not a horrible experience. All of the nurses at Germantown Methodist were wonderful and kept us calm through the whole scare. Dr. Martin from McDonald Murmann was also awesome and did a great job of explaining everything along the way. We are so blessed to have received such great treatment from everyone at the hospital.

Here are some pictures of our little guy from the hospital. (Ps- it's really hard to type with one hand!)













2 comments:

  1. He is precious!! So glad you guys have made it home...hope the first night went ok! We are all excited to meet him sometime soon. Let us know when you're ready for visitors or to make a road trip downtown. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! A blog! I love a blog! Not sure if you knew, but Dr. Martin is my doctor too! I love her. Sam is precious! You and Kyle are going to have so much fun with him. Drew and I were wondering if Cooper and Sam were going to be pledge brothers at Auburn in 18 years. :)

    ReplyDelete